Reasons to Continue SEO During Coronavirus Pandemic | ACT360
Here’s the deal: people need products and services. Even during a pandemic. In some cases, especially during a pandemic.
And guess what? Search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) are still the best ways to reach customers.
As long as you’re paying attention to user behaviour, that is.
The way your customers looked for you yesterday is different from how they’re searching for you today. And it will be different again tomorrow.
According to Tony Wright of Search Engine Journal, “There will be business winners and losers in this new global normal. And many of the winners will invest heavily in search engine marketing.”
What Happens to Website Visibility When You Stop SEO?
SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. When you call a halt to your SEO efforts, search visibility drops, and it’s difficult to recover.
When you stop optimizing your website for search, you run the risk of:
- Losing rankings for target keywords
- Losing organic traffic from those keywords
- Losing valuable domain authority
- Decreasing the chance to score quality back links
- Losing visibility for “near me” searches (to your Google My Business listings)
- Slowly losing your audience as your website goes dormant
- Falling behind your competitors who have continued (and even stepped-up) their SEO game
SEO is like a muscle: easier to maintain than to gain.
When you have solid rankings and visibility in organic search, we strongly recommend doing what you can to, at the very least, maintain it. Once the SEO ball starts rolling downhill, it’s very hard to stop the momentum.
Survival of the Fittest Marketing Strategy
Darwin’s adaptation theory (aka: survival theory) is an organism’s ability to adapt to changes in its environment and adjust accordingly over time.
Businesses that adapt their search marketing efforts today will be primed to…